Imagine choosing a health insurance policy that would allow you to choose the premium, and the tenure period of the policy and also choose your own set of medical institutions for your health care needs.
Well, that is Flexi Health Insurance for you and you can read more about this right here!
Insurance companies are constantly innovating for new ideas that would suit the growing demands of the common public. Flexi health insurance is one such product wherein the need for creating a health care policy that suits the unique requirements of an individual and their family has been answered.
Flexi health policies operate with the underlying principle that every family’s healthcare needs are completely unique to their own. Some families have members who suffer from chronic illnesses thus making it impossible to find a plan from the existing ones.
Through this article, we hope to elucidate some of the lesser-known benefits of Flexi Health Insurance policies.
1. It covers uncommon expenses that are impossible to claim in other policies
These policies cover unconventional expenses such as:
- Pre hospitalization expenses
- Post-hospitalization expenses that are incurred up to 60 days after discharge (Including medicines)
- Expenses of loved ones who travel to come to visit the hospitalized family member
- Emergency ambulance expenses
- Daycare procedures
With some exceptions, these policies are most beneficial if you want to ensure hassle-free coverage for all your health insurance needs.
2. Comes with multiple perks and bonuses
In order to encourage people to be more mindful of their health and well-being, insurance organizations offer a ‘No Claim Bonus’ in the form of a discount which can be availed at the time of renewal of the policy! And Flexi health insurance policies are no different!
- They restore 100% of the sum insured to the policyholder in case it gets exhausted completed owing to unrelated claims
- Free health check-ups are offered under this policy should the policyholder cross two claim-free years
- A cumulative bonus of 10% is added to every claim-free year which can be added up to 50%. This bonus can be used to increase the sum insured without an increase in the premium.
3. Allows for comprehensive coverage from ailments to family members
Flexi health insurance policies can be used in the floating model thus allowing for comprehensive coverage of multiple family members under one single policy. And it also allows for coverage for a complete range of illnesses that are seldom covered under other policy plans.
Some common examples would be:
- Maternity cover
- Daycare procedures that don’t require hospitalization
- Domiciliary hospitalization that involves treatment expenses incurred at home at the doctor’s recommendation
Flexi health insurance policies have come to be the most sought-after policies in today’s day and age owing to it’s thorough flexibility in all aspects concerning an individual’s health insurance needs.
A health scare can arise at any time for all of us. So it is best to take the necessary preventive action at the right moment including, taking proper care of our health.
Chola MS offers Flexi Health Care plans that can be customized down to the last detail. If you are on the lookout for a completely customizable plan for your family, you might consider exploring flexi health insurance plans. Read more on our website.