Bharti Airtel Limited, popularly called Airtel, is an Indian multinational telecommunications company started by Sunil Mittal in 1995. It is based in Delhi, India and operates in 18 countries globally. It provides 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G+, LTE mobile services, voice services, fixed-line services, wireless services, broadband, and DTH services, depending on the country.
Today, Airtel, as a brand, is the second-largest mobile network operator in the country and the third-largest mobile network operator worldwide, with a market capitalisation of Rs. 3,48,221.97 crores.
15 facts about Bharti Airtel Share
Following are surprising facts about Bharti Airtel share price that you ought to know:
- Bharti Airtel Limited has completed over 25 years in India.
- It is the third-largest mobile network operator globally, despite being an Indian company that started in the year 1995 with a small office and few employees.
- Airtel has over 439.84 million subscribers.
- It is the second-largest provider of mobile and fixed telephony in India.
- Bharti Airtel has been the top name in the market and remains at the top, maintaining an edge in the Share Market.
- Bharti Airtel was the first network operator to launch 4G network services in India.
- It was the first network operator to foresee the future of the digital world and launch Wynk, Hike and Airtel Money.
- It is the first cellular device company worldwide that has outsourced everything except the marketing, sales, and finance part.
- Bharti Airtel is the first Indian telecommunications service provider to receive the CISCO Gold Certification.
- It is also the only mobile network operator to bag all major awards across various categories,including marketing, quality, customer services, etc.
- Bharti Airtel is the pioneer brand in the Indian telecommunication industry that has a high brand recall with a massive subscriber base.
- Airtel has an alliance with big brands like SONY, ERICSON, SINGTEL, APPLY, and NOKIA.
- Airtel share price is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange with the code 532454
- It is also listed on the National Stock Exchange with the code BHARTIARTL.
- Airtel’s promoters currently hold 55.86% of the company’s stake, whereas Foreign Institutional Investors keep 18.12% stake, and Domestic Institutional Investors have approximately 20.66% of the company’s stake. Retail investors and others hold the remaining balance of a 5.36% stake.
Since you are thorough about the brand Bharti Airtel and the growth the company has made, it is not surprising whyBharti Airtel share priceis rising.