The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the Navy. In this article, we are going to tell you about a career in Indian Navy, selection process, how you get Indian Navy jobs after 12th and 10th, courses, salary of Indian Navy Officer, benefits, Indian Navy Colleges and recruitment process.
- Indian Navy serves the nation with patriotism, sacrifice, duties and with full commitments.
- A career in Indian Navy allows you to explore the world as well as provides you with incredible opportunities.
- A career in Indian Navy is a hard task; you will be separated from family and always stuck to duties and commitments. It’s not an easy job.
The selection process
There is a complete process for the selection in the Indian Navy. Here is the selection process.
- You need to clear the interview of SSB and then a written examination conducted by UPSC follows it.
- By clearing the Exam, it determines selection through NDA/NA.
Age – 16 – 19 years are inclusive with 10+2 graduates.
Indian Navy is one of the most beautiful parts of India. Here are some facts which make The Indian Navy unique in its way.
- Indian Navy is the fourth most powerful Navy in our world.
- The forces are involved in these operations.
1. Safeguarding our country
2. Ready for high- intensity war
3. Right for humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations.
- First independence mission of Indian Navy was in 1961 in Goa against the Portuguese Navy during liberation.
- Indian Navy’s first aircraft carrier is Vikrant which is also the oldest Indian aircraft carrier.
To be part of Indian Navy Jobs After 12th is a proud moment for anyone. You will have hands-on opportunities to explore your life uniquely.
There are two ways to join Indian Navy Jobs After 12th
- By two written examinations
- NDA & NA where NDA entry is open twice a year
- UPSC exam form will be notified from March and October
In Indian Navy Jobs After 12th, there are different divisions. Here is the list of all the divisions available after 12th
- Executive Officer
- Logistics Officer
- General Service Officer
- Law Officer
- Submarine Officer
- Diving Officer
- Pilot Officer
- Provost Officer
- Hydrographic Officer
- Naval Armament Inspection Officer
- NDA Entry is only for unmarried men
Indian Navy is capable of handling and operating on the surface of oceans, seas. For Indian Navy Jobs After 10th selection is made through an exam, physical fitness and medical examination.In Indian Navy Jobs After 10th, a person can join as Sailor, Chef, Steward, Sanitary Hygienist.
In Exam, all questions will be objective type, and two subjects will be there which a person has to clear before looking for Indian Navy jobs after 10th. There are
1. Mathematics and Physics
2. General Knowledge
- Candidates should be able to qualify in each subject individually.
- For practice, syllabus and model papers will be released on the website of Indian Navy.
- Candidates who are selected have to go to CHILKA ( ODISHA ) where the last medical Exam will be taken and selected for Indian Navy Jobs after 10th.
- After qualifying in the medical Exam, training of candidates for 15 weeks of preliminary training will be done.
- Not only the training but a stipend of 14,600/- is given.
- After Candidates Complete their training successfully, they will have to go for duty.
- Chefs will cook, maintain the food stores as their duty.
- Stewards will be serving the food which is prepared by chefs as their duty.
- Hygienists will be managing proper and clean maintenance as per their responsibility.
There are many Indian Navy Colleges where you can make your career. These institutions will prepare students for jobs in The Indian Navy.
1) Tolani Maritime Institute
2) Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies located in Mumbai
3) International Maritime Institute (IMI) located in Delhi
4) Vels Academy of Maritime Studies located in Chennai is one of the best Indian Navy Colleges.
5) Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training located in Pune
If you want to study in Indian Navy Colleges, there are some courses for which candidates can look forward.
- B.Sc. Nautical Science and Marine Catering.
- B.E. Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture
- B.E. Petroleum Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- B.E. Harbour and Ocean Engineering
- B.E. Civil Engineering and Electrical, Electronics Engineering.
- Electro-Technical Officer Course.
The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the Navy.
- Good hearing
- Absence of nose, throat and ear infections.
- Chest, limbs, toes should be well-formed
- Lack of eyesight, hernia, congenital disabilities.
- Healthy body, gum and teeth
- Lack of mental illness and No speech impediment and granular swelling.
- Unlike the Merchant Navy, the salary of Indian Navy Officer during training time, candidates will be given 14,600/- as stipend per month.
- After completion of training, the placement of candidates in the Defence Pay Matrix e pis done.
- In Defence Pay Matrix the salary of Indian Navy Officer will be given from Rs. 21,700/- to 69,100/-.
Salary of Indian Navy Officers is divided into two levels
- Defence Pay Matrix is Level 3. Also, they are paid Rs.5200/- only.
- Promotion to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer, it’s Level 8 of Defence Pay Matrix. The salary is given from Rs. 47,600 to Rs. 1,51,100. Addition to Level 8, 5200/- is also given.
Artificer Apprentice (AA)
Candidates should have passed intermediate with 60% marks in Maths & Physics with one of these subjects Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science from a recognised board in India.
Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)
Candidates should have passed intermediate with Maths & Physics and with one of these subjects: -Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from a recognised board in India.
- Candidates can visit websites to apply for career in Indian Navy, Candidates can fill the online application.
- Selection is based on Computer-based Examination for Physical Fitness Test.
- Selection of recruits is based on performance in Computer-based Examination and Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- The question paper will be an objective type with a total number of hundred questions, and each question carries one mark.
- The question paper will be in two languages Hindi ( Our First National Language) and English ( Our Second National Language) and objective type. That is multiple choice.
- Qualifying the Physical Fitness Test is compulsory for selection.
- Indian Navy gives many leaves.
- Sailors and other officers can enjoy leave time.
- Indian Navy provides high-quality health care and is essential in emergency times.
- Clothing, Ration, Accommodation and Exploring the World and many more benefits and opportunities.
Being a part of The Indian Navy is one of the proudest things a person can achieve. All the benefits and respect you get from your country for serving them by serving The Indian Navy is much more than anything.