Every enterprise needs a steady cash flow to operate smoothly. When your enterprise grows, you will encounter numerous unexpected expenses. This might leave you in a financial crunch to run business seamlessly. Hence, understanding what is working capital management is fundamental for any business owner to operate smoothly. Having sufficient working capital can help you balance your expenses and debt, resulting in the smooth functioning of operations.
However, if you still find yourself in a financial crisis, you can apply for a Business Loan for MSMEs or an MSME loan. Working capital is necessary for ensuring the proper functioning of the enterprise, as well as for increasing profitability. Now that you know what is working capital, you must also know its applications. The following are the major uses of working capital for an enterprise:
- Recruiting and training staff
- Acquiring machinery and equipment
- Maintaining inventory
- Business expansion
To meet any of this need mentioned above, enterprises can avail of Business Loans for MSMEs. Various banks and Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) are offering these loans at affordable terms. Business Loans for MSMEs or MSME loans are unsecured loans, which means you don’t have to worry about submitting any collateral as security.
What are the benefits of MSME loans?
Companies require an ample amount of working capital when they are in their growth stage. Expansion, upgradation, and improvements can invite unexpected expenses e.g., you might require funds for purchasing machinery, hiring staff, or opening a new manufacturing facility. Sometimes, such unplanned expenses can be hard to fulfil.
In such cases, entrepreneurs can resort to a wide array of financial instruments offered by various banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), government schemes, angel investors, and even crowdfunding.
One of these financial instruments is MSME loans. These unsecured loans have gained immense popularity among small-business owners and entrepreneurs. Below are some ways in which MSME loans can be leveraged:
- Invest in promotions: With an MSME loan, you can avail of extra funds to invest in promotional activities for your business. You can invest in branding, advertising, and digital marketing to promote your products and services to reach a wider set of audience.
- Upgrade machinery and office equipment: As your business grows, you might want to improve operations by acquiring the latest machinery and equipment. Technologically advanced equipment can be expensive. These funds will ensure that you don’t disrupt your working capital while acquiring new machinery and equipment.
- Scalability and flexibility: MSME loans are short-term loans that can be used to cover short-term financial obligations. However, if you think you need funds for big-ticket items and long-term expenses, you can request a higher loan amount. These funds can be used for business scalability and expansion.
Also below are some of the salient features of MSME loans:
- Collateral-free loans: Submitting collateral can be difficult for some businesses, especially for those that are in their nascent stage. One benefit of MSME loans is that they are unsecured loans. You won’t have to compromise on your assets or equity for availing of funds.
- Affordable interest rates: These loans can be availed of at competitive interest rates. Many lenders don’t have pre-payment or part-payment charges. The interest rate on your loan relies on your credit score, loan tenure, and loan amount. Nevertheless, you can negotiate on the interest rate if you have a healthy credit score.
- Easy access to funds: Most banks and Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) have online Business loan applications with minimal documentation. You can apply for an MSME loan online and get funds disbursed into your account almost instantly.
Also Read: Things to Consider Before Taking a Gold Loan
MSME loans can be a great option for small business owners and entrepreneurs. Today, as more and more MSMEs are being established across the country, the demand for Business Loans has increased manifold. In response to this, many banks and NBFCs have launched tailor-made MSME loans to suit every borrower’s unique requirement.
Applying for an MSME loan has become easier than ever today. You simply must visit your chosen lender’s official website, fill out the online loan application, provide the required documents, await verification and approval, and get funds disbursed into your account.
In addition to this, having a healthy credit score can help you in availing of MSME loans at affordable interest rates. You can also use an online Business loan EMI calculator to determine your EMI payments. This will help you plan your EMIs in a better way without disrupting your monthly budget.