Freelancing is a work that a person can do side by side of a job as part-time or even do it full time. You have to register yourself on these freelancing sites in India, describing your skill. In freelancing work, you are your boss, and you work on your terms. You can set your standards of pay and work whenever you want.
You should know both negative and positive points before you look for a career in freelancing before you look for the best freelancing sites in India.
Career In Freelancing
Advantages of Freelancing
- You are the boss.
- Can work on your terms and conditions.
- You get to keep all the profits.
- Can work for your passion.
- You can work anytime and take as many breaks as you want.
- Fewer meetings to attend.
- You can choose any work such as content writing, coding, excel, video editing etc.
Disadvantages of Freelancing
- Won’t get a fixed amount of salary.
- You will be exposed to frauds and scams as there are a lot of people who will intend to pay you but won’t pay once the work is done.
- Won’t get clients and work when you start freelancing and will have to work at cheaper rates.
- It can be stressful when you don’t get work from time to time.
Percentage of freelancers in India
In this graph below, you can see the percentage of freelancers at 9.9%, which is very high. Freelancing has a very high potential, and choosing freelancing as a career could be a great choice considering the future.
11 Best Freelancing Sites in India
Flexiple is a network of pre-vetted freelance software developers & designers. Through this network, we help top startups & companies find quality tech talent. Our goal is to help tech companies:
- Find quality talent: Pre-vetted through our screening process.
- Hire them quickly: Handpicked recommendations from our talent matching team
- Onboard them seamlessly: Standard contracts, invoicing and project tracking.
Basically, tech companies should only focus on building their products and not worry about hiring. Similarly for freelance talent, we ensure they get to work with quality startups instead of wasting time in the job search.
It is an excellent platform for Indians as it is an Indian website for freelancers. You should know these things before looking for work on this platform.
- The jobs are open on this website, and any freelancer can send their quote to the work provider.
- It is entirely up to the gig uploader to choose from the freelancers who submitted their quote.
- Overall it is one of the best freelancing sites in India.
3. Rozgaar India
The government has taken the initiative to provide freelancing work at cheap rates to freelancers through this government website.
- You can register on this website for 100rs and look for freelancing work.
- Both freelancers and those who want to hire freelancers can register on this website.
- It is one of the most secure freelancing websites in India.
- They provide fantastic support, which makes it one of the best freelancing sites in India.
Most of the freelancers already know about this website known as Upwork as it is trendy and one of the most reputed websites for freelancing. Getting work here is quite easy as well.
- A freelancer has a wide variety of work to choose from on this site.
- Freelancers can choose their projects from all the options.
- Very user-friendly and great support as well.
- Freelancers can also convince their clients by showing them their skills.
5. Freelance India
It is also an Indian website for people who are looking for Indian freelancer sites in India. It is an excellent website for beginner freelancers. Also, it is prevalent in India between freelancers.
- Professionals offer Genuine work on this website to the freelancers.
- A freelancer can create google listings of his/her work as well.
- You get both paid and free memberships of this website according to your requirements.
- Freelancing experience on this website is different from other sites, which might take some time to get used to it.
- Overall it is one of the best freelance websites in India.
It is another excellent option between all these freelancing websites in India. Both problematic and easy gigs are available on this website to choose from on this site.
- It offers a wide variety of freelancing jobs in India to choose from, such as logo designing, copywriting, graphic designing, website designing, and much more.
- The payment gateway of this website is one of the most secure, making it one of the best freelance websites in India.
It is very different for other freelancer sites in India as you have to be qualified if you want to work on this platform.
- Specific qualifications are needed to work on this platform.
- There is a complete screening process before you can work on this website.
- They ensure to provide quality work to their clients by allowing only qualified personals on their website.
- Unlike other freelancing websites and freelancer sites in India, a person can get highly paid on this website.
This website is for all those who are looking for the best freelance websites in India for designers.
- This website is only for designing projects and for all those looking for designing freelancing work online.
- There are many different freelancing designing works available on this website, such as logo designing, t-shirt designing, and many more.
- You have to provide your gig to the client with all other freelancers, and if your design gets selected, you get paid.
- This website is more like a competition website for freelancers, making it different for other freelancer sites in India.
9. Envato Studio
Designers looking for both long term and short term projects can register on this website and get work.
- There are many different projects, such as animation, designing, and video editing are available to freelancers.
- Freelancers can upload their work on this website to get reviewed by gig providers to get highly paid jobs.
- It is one of the best freelance websites in India for both job providers and freelancers.
It is one of the largest freelancing platforms in India on which freelancers can look for work quickly. This website is for IT professionals.
- A freelancer can look for IT work on this website very efficiently.
- There is no bidding option available on this website, making it different from other freelancing websites in India.
- There is a high possibility of getting a job on this platform.
It is another freelancing website in India where a freelancer can look for work according to his/her skill.
- You will be paid for the hours you work.
- There are various work options on this website to choose from, such as video editing, copy-writing, tally, graphic designing, translation, and many more.
Freelancing is a significant field in India, and you should grab this opportunity. You can work part-time or full time as a freelancer and choose any one of these freelancing websites in India.
It is a platform that is very popular all across the globe and getting very popular in India as well, which makes it one of the best freelancing sites in India. These are some things that make it very user friendly and an excellent platform for freelancers.
- Freelancers can bid on the work they like by effortlessly searching them on this platform.
- Both small and big projects are collected on this platform and further provided to the freelancers.
- You can compete with other freelancers on this platform to prove your skills and get more work.
- The interface of this website is very user friendly.
- The only drawback is higher bidders will get projects much more quickly compared to others.